Once a month on a Saturday, the World of Beer hosts a beer-pairing lunch. This event is almost unprecedented in an industry overly preoccupied with wine and whiskey pairings, but not with exploring and creating meals that deliberately complement the multitude of flavours found in beer. Since we introduced this offering in 2015, our beer pairings have become massively popular, attracting both newcomers and returning patrons alike.
As a grain-based beverage, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course.
Our beer-pairing lunches comprise five courses, each of which has been carefully crafted to pair with a specific SAB brand. Menus change each month, with each one offering ever more creative and delectable gastronomic delights. Guests are guided through the pairing process by an industry expert, who draws attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it accompanies and enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Advance bookings are required. Please contact us today for more information.
Our next beer pairing: 8 April 2017
Our next beer pairing will be held on Saturday 8 April 2017 from 1pm to 4pm. Tickets are available on Webtickets at a cost of R610 per person or R1 200 per couple.
The April menu includes:
- Cold oak wood smoked salmon on a bed of crunchy baby leaves, rosa tomatoes and mandarin segments drizzled with ceviche dressing. Paired with Crystal Weiss
- Slow cooked Asian-style pulled pork slider topped with creamy wasabi coleslaw and lightly sweetened maple syrup, served with paprika spiced potato wedges. Paired with Red Irish Ale
- Litchi granita. Paired with Brutal Fruit Litchi
- Cape Malay shrimp and chicken curry served with a duo of jasmine and plain basmati rice, chutney, sambals and a poppadum shard. Paired with Carling Blue Label
- Banoffee cheese cake with decadent chocolate crumble. Paired with No 3 Fransen Street Cream Ale